As part of COAG initiatives the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) was tasked by the Department of Health to build a website that would display hospital performance statistics and
The MyHospitals website aims to provide a consistent set of information about all public hospitals (and a number of private hospitals) across Australia.
In addition to providing general profile information on each included hospital, MyHospitals will present information on how each public hospital performed compared to national average waiting times for elective surgery and emergency department care, list the medical services provided and present information on admission rates.
This challenging website project has a number of key requirements:
● To build, test and implement a high performance website that will allow the public to search and view hospital performance data.
● Site performance or availability to not diminish with a use load of 2.1 million hits in the first 24 hours with a peak of a minimum of 500,000 hits per hour.
● website performance to remain high even under load
● Guaranteed application availability of 100%
● WCAG 2.0 Compliant to be tested and accepted by Vision Australia
● No security vulnerabilities
In July 2011, Cordelta was named by the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) as a joint winner of the iAward for the MyHospitals website in the eGovernment category in the ACT, along with the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare and project managers Cogent Business Solutions Pty Ltd.
Who to Contact
Web Design and Development